The Power of Letting GoAug 19, 2022
I recently shared the above little video (1 min watch) about letting go and I was amazed at the amount of interest this one post got, it clearly struck a chord with some people!
In the video, I talk about why we find it so hard to let go of things that we know deep down are not serving us and at times keeping us stuck.
I know this from personal experience, I held onto my old business that was limping along even though deep down I knew it was time to let go. I had poured in so much love, sweat and tears (and a lot of money) surely I could turn it around or get my investment back?
My coach at the time, Louise Laffey, said to me ‘Simone you can either hold onto the Lada (the cheapest Russian car - I can say that because our family had one) or let go and trust that a range rover is on its way to you. I can't tell you how happy I am now that I was able to let go.
If you want to invite in more abundance, purpose, freedom, love, or joy - you have to make space for this and sometimes that means letting go of the things that are not flowing or not serving you.
What is it you are struggling to let go of?
- A job or career that has become your identity?
- A relationship you have invested in but doesn’t bring you joy?
- Alcohol and the person you become from that?
- A role you play that you have outgrown, the serious one, the pleaser, the carefree one, the responsible one
- A business or project that is not flowing
Here are a few steps you can take to help you let go:
- Admit that it is not working. Often we are in denial that something is not working because it makes us feel uncomfortable to acknowledge it or we fear the consequence of letting go is going to hurt. Acknowledgement is the first step in creating change. Write it down, tell a friend or just allow yourself to feel the emotion of this inner knowing.
- Take your first tiny step. It can feel overwhelming to let go of parts of ourselves or our identity. Start small, what is one small action that could move you forward that feels doable? For me with my business, it was to outsource parts of my old business and that was the first step in the letting go process.
- Visualise what is on the other side. We often get stuck in the energy of what is right now, a powerful practice you can do is to start to visualise what is possible if you let go to make space for something more aligned. Allow yourself to dream and imagine, this can help to build your trust that bigger brighter things are waiting for you.
I would love to hear from you what is one thing you are wanting to let go or one thing you are wanting to invite in?