Superfood Black Rice PuddingJul 01, 2019
This Superfood Black Rice Pudding dish can be served as a dessert, it goes particularly well with Thai food or Indonesian food, as the coconut and banana flavours tie in nicely. I have also served it for brunch.
Gluten-Free, Low GI, High in Antioxidants
This Superfood Black Rice Pudding recipe Serves 4 – 5
- 2 Cups of Forbidden Black Rice
- 1 ½ Cups of Water
- 1/2 Cup of Coconut Sugar
- 3 Medium bananas or 2 large Mangos if they are in Season
- 1 – 2 Tablespoons of Chia Seeds (optional)
- 1 – 2 Tablespoons of Black Sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 Can of Coconut Milk (270mls)
- 1 Cup of Ceres Coconut Flakes
- Add rice and water to a saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Cover and reduce to a simmer for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Peel bananas and slice lengthways and then in small chunks (about 1/2cms pieces).
- Add chopped bananas, coconut sugar, chia seeds, sesame seeds and 3 tablespoons of coconut milk (ensure the can is shaken well before using) to the pot of rice and gently warm for a few minutes. Ensure bananas (or chopped mangos if you are using) don’t mash in the process.
- Spoon rice mixture into individual serving dishes (I use glasses) and then add 1 – 2 tablespoons of coconut milk (depending on your preference) and then sprinkle with about a tablespoon of Ceres shredded coconut pieces and a sprinkling of coconut sugar on top.