Maqui Berry Superfood Raw Cheese CakeMar 01, 2014
This Maqui Berry Superfood Raw Cheese Cake is a powerhouse full of superfoods and nutritious ingredients. It is very rich in antioxidants deriving from the maqui berries and the blueberries (both boasting high ORAC values). The deep purple colour from the anthocyanins (the pigment responsible for this stunning colour and the antioxidants) make this a beautiful dish to serve for any occasion.
For the Crust
- 1 cup of almonds (or half almonds half pistachios)
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
For the Filling
- 3 cups chopped cashews, soaked for at least 3 hours
- 2 cups of blueberries (if using frozen defrost them first)
- ½ cup of coconut syrup (or maple or agave syrup)
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons of Maqui Berry Powder
- Lightly grease a 20 cm (8 inch) spring-form cake tin (using coconut oil) and line the bottom of the tin with baking powder.
- To make the crust, add almonds, chopped dates, dried coconut and cacao nibs into a food processor and blend until well combined. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of Refrigerate while you continue with the filling.
- To make the filling, gently melt the coconut oil (if required) over low heat and add it to the food processor along with soaked cashew nuts, blueberries, coconut syrup, lemon juice, vanilla and maqui berry powder. Blend until smooth and adjust to taste.
- Pour the mixture onto the crust. Lightly tap the tin on a firm surface to remove any small air bubbles.
- Place in the freezer until firm. Remove the whole cake from the pan while frozen and place on a serving platter. Defrost in the refrigerator.