Gluten Free Pear and Fresh Ginger LoafMar 15, 2017
This is a delicious Gluten Free Pear and Fresh Ginger Loaf. I love the subtle flavour of fresh ginger and sweetness of the pear. The loaf is perfect for morning or afternoon tea and keeps well for a few days.
- 21/2 pears
- 11/2 cups of gluten free flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 heaped tablespoon of fresh finely grated ginger
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup (or rice syrup or sweetener of your choice)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla essence (or paste)
- 1/2 cup of dates or figs
- 1/2 cup of walnuts (optional)
- Sprinkle of coconut sugar (optional)
- Preheat the over to 180C on fan bake. Grease and line of loaf tin and set aside.
- In a bowl add flour, baking powder, baking, soda. Mix and set aside.
- Melt coconut oil and combine with vanilla essence, maple syrup and coconut milk. Pour this mixture into the flour mixture. Add the eggs and mix.
- Peal and core 1 1/2 pears (keep one aside for the topping) and cut them into 2 cm cubes. Add pears, dates, ginger and walnuts to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Thinly slice the remaining pear into lengthwise pieces and arrange them over the top of the mixture. Sprinkle with a small amount of coconut sugar (optional)
- Pour mixture into the lined loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes. Test with a skewer or knife to see it comes out clean.
Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
The loaf lasts up to 3 days.