Cauliflower Salad with Yogurt and PomegranateJul 04, 2017
- 1½ cauliflower heads, cut into bite sized florets
- 1T of olive oil
- Pinch of coarse salt
- ½ C of sliced almonds (dry fired in a fry pan) or chopped tamari almonds
- ½ C of sour cherries (mine tend to be sweet even though they are called sour!) or large raisins (black or golden)
- 1 red onion
- ½ C of pomegranate arils
- Large handful of mint leaves
- Handful of coriander (optional)
- 600g of Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- Juice of half a lemon
- Pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place cauliflower in a baking dish, drizzle cauliflower florets with olive oil and season with salt. Roast, turning occasionally, until golden brown and just tender, for about 30 minutes.
- Pan fry sour cherries (or raisins) until they darken.
- Slice onion in thin rings and cook over low heat until they turn a golden brown (caramelise).
- Mix half the cherries, onions, nuts, pomegranate and herbs through the cauliflower.
- Combine yogurt, lemon, garlic and a pinch of salt and pour this over the cauliflower (in a serving dish)
- Sprinkle the remaining half of the cherries, onions, nuts, pomegranate and herbs on top of the yogurt.