Are You Ready to Resurrect?Apr 09, 2020
Could there be a more important time to resurrect?
This Easter weekend signifies a time of resurrection, a coming back to life after death. Whether you are religious or not, the significance of this weekend is more symbolic than ever before.
I believe that it is no coincidence that this Easter we find ourselves in a time of enormous transformation. Life as we knew it has transformed into a new reality. As a collective have all had to sacrifice our old lives for the greater good. Elements of our old life have died or become redundant, and the question becomes – how will we resurrect?
How will we create a new life on the other side of this pandemic?
For many, there has been a great loss, illness, financial burden, and future uncertainty but the silver lining has been a global realignment of what is important in life.
The beating pulse of the earth has slowed down and we can finally hear and see with greater clarity. How will we take our learnings into this brave new world?
My greatest fear is that we will move through this time of sacrifice but remain as we were.
I fear that we will go back to our old pandemic of busyness, of out-sourcing our parenting, of environmental ignorance and unconscious consumerism. I fear we will forget how much we need space and time for clarity, connection, and innovation.
For there to be positive change and growth, part of our old life must die, and we must resurrect the future.
We have been gifted this time to remember what is important, to think of the legacy we want to leave behind us, and the human we want to be moving forward.
To go back would be to contract in a time of great expansion.
Some learnings I have observed:
- We have the wisdom to teach and be present with our children
- Our local businesses are the backbone of our society – we must support them
- The planet can return to its full glory if we play our part
- Convenience travel has a cost, we must find a new way
- Slowing down and being present to the simplest things brings the greatest joy
- We have the ability to reduce consumerism and replace it with self-sufficiency
- When we are in service to others, we discover our greatest fulfillment and purpose
Over this weekend I invite you to sit down with a pen and paper and ask yourself two questions:
- What part of my old life and way of being needs to be put to rest so I can pivot into the next chapter?
- What personal steps will I take to help resurrect a new future for myself, my loved ones and the planet?
Ready to start living with more purpose or need some support during these uncertain times?
It can be challenging to navigate the range of thoughts and feelings that arise. Whether you are struggling with your mindset or feeling like this is the time for you to pivot into a new chapter of life I am here to support you.
I am offering a FREE 30-minute private introductory coaching session (online – this is how I always coach) so I can support you to move forward with greater clarity and accountability.