Alkalising Silverbeet SaladMar 10, 2020
This is one of my favourite salads to make when I feel I need a good dose of raw greens. Silverbeet is rich in minerals and loads of chlorophyll (hence the lovely green colour), which makes it highly alkalising. I also use cider vinegar dressing.
Cider vinegar is a wonderful health tonic for so many reasons. It can aid in digestion, diabetes, weight loss, arthritis, heartburn, gout…the list goes on.
- 1 Large bunch of Silverbeet (very finely chopped)
- 1 Red Onion (very finely sliced)
- ½ C of Roasted Walnuts* (chopped)
- ¾ of a packet of Feta (150gms approx.)
Optional – you can create maple walnuts but adding two tablespoons of 100% pure maple syrup to a frypan and then adding the walnuts. Cook until golden brown (as they start to candy they cook fast so be sure not to burn them)
- 1/3 C of Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 of C of Olive Oil
- Half a large lemon
- 2 teas of Dijon Mustard
- 2 teas of honey
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- Pinch of Himalayan rock salt (or similar)
- Add all ingredients to a jar and shake well
- Rinse Silverbeet and chop very finely (like fine coleslaw) and remove the thick white stems.
- Chop the red onion very finely in very thin slices.
- Mix the above in a salad blow and add crumbled feta and roasted walnuts.
- Add your desired amount of dressing to taste.