Roasted Broccoli, Almond and Coconut SaladJun 07, 2021
This is such a tasty recipe. Sometimes it’s hard to find inspiring ways of eating broccoli – roasting it brings about a whole different flavour and texture. I love the crispy coconut combined with the roasted broccoli. You will be going back for seconds on this one.
- 2 large heads of broccoli
- Pinch of salt
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup of coconut chips (larger than shredded coconut)
- ½ cup of roast almonds (roughly chopped)
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of pomegranate (or cranberries if not in season)
- 80 grams of pan-fried halloumi cheese or feta cheese (chopped)
- ¼ cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup of cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed or finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoon of honey
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Heat the oven to 200C
- Chop broccoli into small chunks and place it on a baking tray, add oil and salt
- Roast until golden brown (turning when necessary)
- Remove from the oven and allow broccoli to cool
- Panfry coconut chips until golden brown and add to the broccoli
- Add remaining salad ingredients and gently toss.
- Mix salad dressing ingredients in a jar.
- Lightly dress the salad (you will have some leftover)